Thursday, June 12, 2008

Wet Willy's Waterslide


As the boys were slipping down our waterslides in the backyard, I got to thinking about Wet Willy's Waterslide.

If you grew up in St. Louis, then you probably visited the giant slides. In the very least you passed by them as you drove down Highway 44. Although it has been closed for quite some time now and has been even longer since my last visit, I have very vivid memories. I can still hear the sound of the rushing water and feel the adrenaline of racing to the bottom. I remember climbing alongside the fence to the top of the hill to do it all over again. What a great place!

Now graffiti covers much of the original blue paint, and skateboarders converge to ride the slides.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved WW. We used to go all the time....