Tuesday, May 13, 2008

There Was One in the Bed

As much as we enjoy co-sleeping, we were starting to outgrow our bed. Not having the resources to build a 9-foot-wide bed like the Pitt-Jolie Family, we asked Will if he would like to have his own bed. He was a bit concerned about in "which bedroom" his bed would located. Once he was assured his bed would be next to our bed, he was downright estactic about "a bed just for me." He was giggling and jumping for joy, and even assisted Daddy in moving the mattress.

"Can me have my own covers? Can me have a pillow? Can me sleep with Joe, Orange Baby, and Camel?"

I thought the novelty might wear off quickly, but once he and his numerous stuffed animals got situated under the covers, he fell asleep very quickly. Will slept through the night until 5:30am when he crawled into our bed to snooze another hour.



After 3 years of having Will by my side, it was a bit strange going to sleep without him in the same bed. On the other hand, it seemed that Quinn appreciated the extra room. He took his half out of the middle!



"How was sleeping in your new bed?" Grandma asked this morning.

"It was kind of like cozy and nice for me. It was kind of like very comfortable. I was just a little bit scared when I woke up. Then Mommy just wake up. I climbed into Mommy's bed and snuggled."

No comments: