Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Lock Up the Scissors!


Just last week I asked Quinn if he wanted me to trim his bangs, as they seemed to be in his eyes. As he swept his bangs to the side he responded, "No, thanks!"

A few days later he found a plastic shirt clip and asked me to put in his hair. He proudly announced, "Now my hair won't be in my eyes."

Today he came running into the kitchen with a big grin. "Don't I look great, Mom?" He had cut at least two inches from the front of his hair. I was shocked, and I did not do a good job of hiding it. He quickly apologized. "I am sorry, Mommy. You were making dinner, and I know how to cut hair now!" "Yes, Quinn, you do know how to cut your hair."

When his hair is wet and neatly combed the fresh cut is not as obvious, but once it dries . . .

OH MY! I could just take him to have it trimmed up a bit (make the lack of bangs less obvious), but Quinn is terrified of getting a haircut, so instead I am crossing my fingers that it grows quickly. We have some family photos in the near future!

No comments: