Tuesday, April 27, 2010

The Tooth Fairy

Less than a week ago Will announced that he had a loose tooth, and I was quickly reminded about the excitement surrounding this childhood milestone. He proudly showed everyone (the mailman, friends, neighbors, and even complete strangers) his tooth. He asked endless tooth related questions. "What will the Tooth Fairy bring me? Will it fall into my mouth or out of my mouth? Do you have any soft foods for me to eat?" The first few days he spent much time wiggling it with his tongue and his fingers, and he consumed many apples. I thought for sure it would take weeks to actually fall out of his mouth. Tonight he went to check on his tooth, and it popped right out.

First Toothless Grin

His tooth sealed safely inside a pink envelope addressed to the Tooth Fairy.


Will tucked the envelope under his pillow and quickly fell asleep. He believes that the Tooth Fairy is magic, and she will turn his tooth into a dollar. "It's true, Mom. I read it in a book!"

No comments: