Monday, August 18, 2008

Heaven's Kitchen

As we lay in bed tonight, the boys and I recalled the events of today and looked forward to our plans for tomorrow. I said we were going to a visitation at a funeral home tomorrow afternoon.

Will asked, "For Charlotte and Caroline's Grandpa?"
"Yes." I replied.
"Baby birds and Colleen and Grandpa and Snickers going to be there too?"
"The baby birds, Colleen, Grandpa, and Snickers are in heaven, and we are going to a funeral home. We won't get to see them."
"Someday I want to go to heaven to see Grandpa and Snickers and Colleen. I want to hold the baby birds too. What do they eat in heaven?"
"Well Grandpa really liked homegrown tomatoes, and Colleen loved chocolate."
"Oh, I think Snickers is eating tomatoes and chocolate with Grandpa and Colleen. What do baby birds eat?"
"Probably the best worms."

No comments: