Monday, June 9, 2008

Head for the Sidewalks

If you were driving through our neighborhood this morning, then you may have seen Will driving down the street in a front end loader. While out for our usual walk around the block, we happened upon a sewer crew and their equipment.

Will said, "I wanna watch them work."

Noticing that the men were standing around talking I said, "It doesn't look like their working yet."

"I wanna watch."

The men began unloading their van. One of the men waved to the boys.

I said to the man, "They are waiting for the show."

He laughed and walked over to the front loader. He hopped in, drove it right up alongside us, and opened the door. "Want to go for a ride? I'll even let you drive."

Will grabbed the man's outstretched hand and climbed in. They drove down the street past a few houses, beeped the horn, and turned around in the cul-de-sac. Upon arriving back at Quinn, Piper, and I, Will was beaming from ear to ear. Man, the one time I leave my camera at home!

No comments: